Please note that the information below is provided by the Hong Kong Immigration Department.
- A copy of your Hong Kong identity card. If you are not a Hong Kong permanent resident, please make a copy of your travel document showing your personal particulars and the latest Hong Kong immigration stamp/visa.
- Evidence showing that you are financially capable of employing a foreign domestic helper. Normally, the salary paid to the helper should not exceed one fourth of your family income. Examples of such evidence are as follows:
- Latest notice of assessment and demand for tax issued by the Inland Revenue Department OR
- Bank passbook/statement showing auto-payment of your monthly salary not less than HK$15,000 for the last 3 months OR
- Bank passbook/statement showing auto-payment of your annual income not less than HK$180,000 OR
- Salary statement/slips issued by your company OR
- 6 months bank fixed deposit of at least HK$350,000 (If you are going to hire 2 helpers, your annual income should not be less than HK$180,000 x 2 or your fixed deposit should not be less than HK$360,000 x 2)
- Original and copy of documentary proof (for the last 3 months) of your residential address as reported in the employment contract, such as water/gas/home telephone/demand for rates/electricity/TV bills. (Mobile phone bill is not accepted.) The original document will be returned to you through the applicant.
- Current/last foreign domestic helper(s)’s name and Hong Kong identity card number/date of termination of contract/limitation of stay in Hong Kong.